Sunday, August 19, 2012

Paradise Point

I'm uninspired this morning. Dismissed a lot of scenes without ever taking a frame. If I took 10 exposures this morning, that's being generous. Not necessarily a bad thing I suppose. But I fear my declining to shoot this morning is less driven by an improved artistic eye and more by dispassionate apathy. I did return with one picture worth sharing.

San Diego's Mission Bay Park is home to a resort aptly named Paradise Point. The grounds and landscaping are fantastic. Couple that with San Diego's temperate weather...well...it can live up to it's name. I was there well before sunrise this morning. This scene struck me as very inviting. The chairs, reflecting in the gentle ripples of the pond, diligently waiting to host their next couple to visit....maybe I should sit down, relax, and take a break from the world.

Gazebo & Chairs, Paradise Point, San Diego
Looking back now, this scene would sing during the blue hour.

Processing notes: Two exposures, one about 30 seconds, one with a high ISO to catch more of the greens in the trees. Minor blending in Perfect Layers to avoid blown highlights. Sharpening, definition, white balance in Aperture to finish things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment